走遍美国26.1

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/30 01:15:02
第二十六课:Opening Night ACT I

A little further to the right, Tom. 再往右一点 Toom。
Is this OK? 这样可以吗
Good. What do you think, Richard? 好。 你看呢
I like it there. 摆在那 很好。
It's the first thing people will see when they come in. 这是人们走进来来所看到的第一 件东西
It sets the tone for the whole show. 它决定了整个展展览的气氛
The next thing they'll see is 他们接著看到的的
this enlargement with the words Family Album, U.S.A. Family Album, U.S.A. 这几个放大的字。
I can't believe this is really happening! 我不敢相信这一一切真的发生
You've earned it. 这是你应得的报报偿
Years of work went into these pictures. 多年心血换来这这些照片
I know, but it's still a dream come true. 我知道 但这终终究是一个梦想实现了
Well, remember, 嗯 记住
we're not sure 我们还不能肯定
what the critics are going to write about your show yet. 评论家们会对你你的展览写些什麽
And you never know 而你永远也猜不不
what the man from the New York Times is going to say about it. 纽约时报的那个个人会说些什麽
Are you worried? 你担心吗
I always worry. 我一向担心。
The reviews of this show 与这次展览有关关的评
are important for the sales of your book. 对於你这本书的的销售很重要
When do we see the reviews? 什麽时候我们可可以看到评
Soon. 很快。
One of the critics is coming over this morning for a preview. 一位评论家今天天早上要来看预展
I hope he's in a good mood. 我希望他心情不不错
So do I. 我也是。
Marilyn and I hope to use money from the sales of this book Marilyn和我希屯 用这本书销售的钱
to buy a new house. 来买一栋新房子子
The book will be a success. 这本书会成功的的
And the show will help promote it. 而这次展览会有有利於促销它
Speaking of promoting the book, 说起促销书的事
do I really have to 我是不是真的有有必
autograph copies for the guests at the opening? 在展览开幕时为为客人在书上亲 是┟
It's common practice. 这是惯例。
I feel uncomfortable about it. 我对此感到满 扭的。
A lot of people come to openings 许多人参加开 荒灰鞘
A lot of people come to openings 许多人参加开 荒灰鞘
just so they can get 就是为了得到
the autograph of somebody who may be famous someday. 将来有可能成名名的人的亲 是┟
Couldn't we wait until I'm famous? 难道不能等到我我成名了再说
That might be sooner than you think. 那也许比你想像像的要快
This one over here, Mr. Carlson? 这张就摆这儿吗吗 Carlson先
A little further back, Tom. 再往後一点 Toom。
It's too close to the refreshments. 它离茶点太近了了
No, I think this one belongs in the "people-at-work" section. 不 我认为它属属於 工作中的人们 那一区
You may be right. 也许你说的对。
Try it there, Tom. 放在那儿试试 Tom。
Right. 好。
Nervous about the opening tonight? 对今晚开幕感到到紧张
Nervous? 紧张
Me? 我
No. I'm scared to death. 不。我害怕得要要命
How about guests? 来宾呢
How many people will you be bringing? 你约了多少人来
Well, my family, I guess. 嗯 我一家人 我想。
My wife Marilyn, my father and mother, 我太太Marilyn 我父亲和母亲
my brother Robbie, 我弟弟Robbie
my sister and her husband and their daughter. 我妹妹Susan和怂 丈夫以及 们的女儿。
And my grandfather. 还有我祖父。
And my grandfather. 还有我祖父。
Is that too many? 是不是太多了
No such thing as "too many" at an opening. 展览开幕怎麽会会嫌人太多呢
I hope they like it. 我希望他们会喜喜欢
Your family or the public? 你的家人还是公公
Everybody. 每一位。
But especially my family. 但尤其是我的家家人
They've stood by me through all this. 他们一直支持我我做这件事
I'm sure they'll like it. 我相信他们会喜喜欢的
Harvey, how are you? Harvey 你好吗
Mitchell, so nice of you to come. Mitchell 欢佑 光临。
Richard, this is Mitchell Johnson. Richard 这是是Mitchell Johnson
Mitchell is Mitchell是
one of the most important syndicated reviewers in the country. 我国最重要的报报团评论家之一
Well, you're the young man who did all this. 嗯 你就是那位位拍这些照片的年轻人
I'm afraid so. 不敢当。
Nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你。
Nice to meet you, Mr. Johnson. 很高兴见到你 Johnson先生。
Mitchell has always encouraged new talent. Mitchell总是在在鼓励新人
Well ... you mind if I look around 嗯……你们不介介意我到处瞧
and see what it says to me? 看它给我什麽样样的感受
Be our guest. 请随意。
Mm-hmm, hmm, uh-huh. Mm-hmm,hmm,uh--huh。
Mm-hmm, hmm, uh-huh. Mm-hmm,hmm,uh--huh。
What does that mean when he goes, 他发出的声音代代表什麽意
"Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, mm-hmm"? "Mm-hmm,mm-hmmm,mm-hmm"
It probably means he's clearing his throat. 也许表示他正在在清 砹
I don't know. 我不知道。
I don't care what the critics say, Mr. Stewart. 我不管评论家怎怎麽说 Stewart先
Your work is brilliant. 你的作品很好。
Thank you, Tom. 谢谢你 Tom。
Tom is studying photography at NYU. Tom正在NYU学摄摄影
He's working with me during the summer months as an intern. 在夏天的这几个个月到我这 来当实习生
Oh, really? 噢 真的
I'd like to see your work. 我希望能看到你你的作品
It's not good enough to show. 还不值得展示。
I'm still learning. 我还在学习当中中
Oh, I'd still like to see your work. 噢 我仍然希望望看到你的作品
You may be the next Ansel Adams and not even know it. 你或许是第二个个Ansel Adams而不自知呢
If you really mean it, 假如你是说真的
I'll bring some of my pictures into the gallery. 我就带一些我的的摄影到艺廊来
I do mean it. 我的确是说真的的
Very interesting pictures, Mr. Stewart. 你的照片很有意意思 Stewart先生
You have a most unusual eye. 你有著极为不寻寻常的眼光
Thank you. 谢谢你。
I hope that's a compliment. 我希望这是 美美之词
I hope that's a compliment. 我希望这是 美美之词
It is. 它是的。
Are you going to be reviewing the show, Mitchell? 你会评论这项展展览吗 Mitchel
Oh, yes. It's definitely worth reviewing. 噢 是的 。它种 实值得评论。
Favorably? 是好评
Oh, you know I never answer that question, Harvey. 噢 你知道我从从不回答这类的问题 Harvey
I'd like an advance copy of the book, though, 但我想要一本新新书的试印
so I can study it. 以便我好好研究究
I have an autographed one in my office. 在我办公室 有有一本签了名的
Tom, would you give Mr. Johnson Tom 拿给Johnsson先生
the copy of Richard's book on my desk? 在我桌上那本Riichard的书 好吗
Just follow me, Mr. Johnson. 请跟我来 Johnnson先生。
Sure. 好的。
Do you think he liked my photographs? 你觉得他喜欢我我的摄影
We'll know when tonight's papers come out. 今晚的报纸出来来的时候 我们就知道了
Keep your fingers crossed. 希望你一切顺遂遂