走遍美国3.2

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/26 00:06:55
第三课:Grandpa's Trunk 祖父的行李箱 ACT II

Excuse me. Is this seat taken? 对不起 请问照 个座位有人吗
No, it's not taken. 没有 没人坐
Oh, thank you. 啊 谢谢
Oh, let me help you with this. 来 我帮 放汉谩
Oh, thank you. 谢谢你。
Do you want to sit by the window? 想靠窗坐吗
No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better. 不 不 不。挝蚁 欢坐在靠过道的地方。
Please, you sit by the window. 你请靠窗坐。
My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart. 我姓Stewart………Malcolm Stewart
Pleased to meet you. 很高兴遇见
I'm Elsa Tobin. How do you do? 我叫Elsa Tobiin 你好。
Do you live in New York? 住在纽约吗
No, no. I'm from Florida. 不 我从佛罗 里达来的。
I am, too. But didn't you just get on? 我也是。可是 不是刚上车的吗
No, no. I just changed my seat. 不 不。我刚膊 换了一下座位。
A man next to me was smoking, 我旁边的那个热顺
and smoke really bothers me. 我受不了。
Where are you from in Florida? 你从佛罗里达档 什麽地方来
Titusville. It's near Orlando. Titusville 栽贠rlando附近。
Small world. I'm from Titusville, too. 世界真小。我乙彩谴覶itusville来的。
Really? What part? 真的 什麽地
My husband and I live near Spaceport. 我和我丈夫住栽赟paceport附近。
I know that area. 我知道那地方
My house is only a few miles from Spaceport. 我的家离Spaceeport只有几哩路。
Do you still live there? 还住在那儿
Oh yes, yes. My husband's there now. 啊 对 对。挝 丈夫现在就在那儿。
He couldn't take time off to come to New York with me. 他走不开 没鞍 法和我一 来纽约。
Do you still live there? 你现在还住那抖
No. I sold the house and the furniture, 不。我把房子汉图 俱都卖了
put a few personal things in an old trunk, 剩下一些东西贩 进一个旧衣箱
and shipped it to my children in New York. 运到我孩子那抖 去了 他们住在纽约。
That's my destination. 那是我要去的档 方。
Are you married? 你有家室吗
My wife died four years ago. 我妻子四年前热 世了。
She was a wonderful woman. A real friend. 她是个很好的排 一个真正的朋友。
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 我为你难过 照 的为你难过。
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 我为你难过 照 的为你难过。
Lots of wonderful memories. 留下的是许多妹 好的回忆。
We were married almost fifty years. 我们结婚将近挝 十年。
Well, forty-seven, to be exact. 准确点说 四适 七年。
John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month. 下个月John和挝医 庆祝我们的结婚四十 年纪念。
Oh, congratulations! That's nice. 啊 恭喜你们 太好了。
What does John do? John现在做什鼢崾
He's an aerospace engineer 他担任航太工吵淌
and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation. 为Orlando飞机机公司工作
He started with them almost forty years ago. 他在那 做了靠 四十年了。
What do you do? 你现在做什麽构ぷ
I just retired. Had my own company. 我刚退休。我栽 来开一家公司
A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff. 一家营造公司 P蘼 筑桥 都是大工程。
But I just sold it and retired. 我前不久把它侣袅 然後退休。
Excuse me, ma'am. Ticket, please. 对不起 太太 车票请拿出来看一下。
Would you kindly hold these keys, please? 请帮我拿一下栽砍住
I have a ticket, I know. 我知道我有车破薄
I was in the smoking section. 我原本坐在吸 车厢的。
It's OK, lady. Take your time. 没关 太太 B 慢来。
I'm sure it's in your purse, Mrs. Tobin. 我相信是在 档 皮包 Tobin太太。
Oh, here it is. 哦 在这 。
And here are your keys. 的钥匙。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Do you have family in New York? 在纽约有亲热寺
No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City. 没有。我在纽栽加 很要好的朋友。
We like to go to the theater together. 我们常一起去靠 戏。
You said you have family in New York. 你说你在纽约佑星 人。
Yes, indeed. 对 没错。
A son and his wife and their three children-- 有个儿子 还佑 儿媳妇以及 们的三个孩子
my grandchildren. 我的孙儿女们
You must be excited. 您一定很兴奋
I can't wait, to see them! 我恨不得马上技 到他们。
Are you going to live with them? 您打算和他们乙黄 住吗
Yes. 对。
Permanently? 一直住下去
Well... they want me to, 这……他们希屯 这样。
but it's too early to know for sure. 但我现在还不哪 决定。
I'm pretty independent. 我是独立性很乔 的人。
I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence, 我总是告诫孩鬃用 独立的重要。
but I'm not sure I want to be alone. 但我不知道我适 否想一个人生活。
Some people don't mind being alone. I do. 有些人不在乎抖 自生活 我在乎。
I understand. But tell me. 我能理解。告怂呶
Why did you stop working? 你为什麽要退
I retired because... I wanted to be with my family. 我退休是因为  …我想和全家人在一起。
I didn't want to be alone anymore! 我不想再一个热 独自生活了。
I didn't want to be alone anymore! 我不想再一个热 独自生活了。