走遍美国3.1

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/16 13:23:45
第三课:Grandpa's Trunk 祖父的行李箱 ACT I

WMarilyn, you want coffee or tea? Marilyn 要要咖啡还是
Coffee, please. 请来点咖啡。
I am so excited! 我感到好兴奋
At this time tomorrow morning, 明早这时候
Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us. 爷爷就和我们乙黄 坐在厨房 啦。
When does he arrive? 他什麽时候到
At six o'clock this evening. 今晚六点。
By plane? 坐飞机来
No, by train. 不 坐火车。
Are we picking him up at the station? 我们要去车站浇 他吗
Not Grandpa. 爷爷不是这种
He doesn't want anybody picking him up. 他不愿意让别热 接他
He likes to be independent. 他独立性很强
Huh. 哦。
Oh, let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room. 对 我们上去鬃急敢幌 爷爷的房间。
Great! Let's do it! 好 我们去
Good morning, Mom. 早安 妈妈。
Morning. 早安。
Well, hi, fellas. 你们大家好。
Hello. 哈 。
Hi, honey. 嗨 亲爱的。
Morning, Marilyn. 早安 Marilynn。
We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. 我们要上楼收适 一下爷爷的房间。
There's coffee ready. 咖啡准备好了
I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa. 一想到要见到乙 我就觉得兴奋。
Me, too. Milk, please. 我也一样。请档 给我牛奶。
He's so funny. 他很逗趣
He always makes me laugh. 他总是让我笑
I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us. 我希望爷爷喜换 和我们住在一起。
I think he will. 我想会的。
It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place. 总是需要一段适奔 才能适应一个新的环境。
Won't he miss being in Florida? 他不会想念佛侣 里达吗
Well, he will. 他会的。
But I think he'll like being here with the family. 但我想他也会舷不 和全家人住在这儿。
But I think he'll like being here with the family. 但我想他也会舷不 和全家人住在这儿。
Are you sure about that? 你真的这麽想
It's crazy here most of the time. 这儿经常吵吵哪帜帧
But it's fun. 但很有趣。
That's for sure. 说的也是。
You know, 我说
maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa 或许我把爷爷档 一些照片组合起来
as a "welcome" present. 作为欢迎他的乙环 礼物。
That's a neat idea. 这是个好主意
What can I do? 那我能做点什鼢崮
I've got it! 有啦
I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet. 我皮夹 有一照耪掌 是爷爷 爸爸和我在一起照的。
It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast 那是在父子早膊突 上拍的
at my junior high school graduation. 在我初中毕业档 时候。
Oh, I remember this picture. 噢 我还记得照 张照片。
I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station. 我真想去火车照窘 爷爷。
Railroad stations or airports-- 无论是火车站换故 机场
Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself. 爷爷总是说他换嶙 个儿设法到这 。
He's something! 他真了不起
Is this all Grandpa's stuff? 这 面都是爷乙 的东西吗
That's it. 是的。
But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train. 不过我相信他栽 火车上还有几件行李的。
What's inside? 这 面是什麽
What's inside? 这 面是什麽
I don't know. It's locked. 不知道 锁著哪亍
Hi. 嗨
Oh, hi, darling. 哦 亲爱的。
Morning, Philip. 早安 Philip
I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. 我想在爷爷的乙鲁 放几个好的衣架。
You know I'm very excited about his arrival. 知道我对他档牡嚼 是多麽兴奋。
We are, too. 我们也很兴奋
Susan called early this morning. Susan一大早打打电话来
She's unhappy 她很不高兴
because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip 因为她得到芝 加哥出差
and can't leave till tonight. 而且要到今晚膊 能脱身。
She wants to be here for Grandpa. 她原希望在此档 爷爷。
Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too. 爷爷也会感到适 望。
He loves Susan. 他喜欢Susan。
She always reminds him of Grandma. Susan总是让他他想起奶奶
Well, how's everything here? 唔 东西都收适 好了吗
Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk. 好啦。我们正哪擅 这只大衣箱呢。
It's locked. 它锁著。
Oh. I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me. 啊。钥匙在这 。爷爷寄来给我的。