走遍美国22.1

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/29 16:53:31
第二十二课:Career Choices ACT I

"Rock-a-bye, baby, on the tree top, 摇呀摇 小宝宝 在在树
When the wind blows, 风儿轻轻吹
The cradle will rock. 摇篮跟著晃。
When the bough breaks, 树枝若折断
The cradle will fall, 摇篮会掉落
And down will come baby, 宝宝跌下来
Cradle and all." 摇篮一道摔。”
Hi, Marilyn, 嗨 Marilyn。
What are you doing? 在做什麽
Just sketching. 只是画些草图。
I've been thinking a lot about our responsibilities 我对於我们的职责想想了很
in the past few weeks. 在最近几个星期。
I never stop thinking about them. 我一直在思考这些问问题 从未间断
I've been wrestling 我一直左思右想
with the question of whether I go back to work or not. 为我是否回去工作这这个问题
I see. 这一下我明白了。
And I'm torn. 但我不知如何取 。
I really want to go back to work, 我真的想回去工作
use my talents, 发挥我的才智
and pursue my career in fashion design 追求我在时装设计方方面的事
like we always thought I would. 就像我们一向认定的的那样
But now ... 但是现在……
I want to be with Max as a full-time mother, 我又想和Max在一起 做个全职的母亲
especially when he's a baby. 特别是 他还是个婴婴儿的时候
I really understand, Marilyn. 我真的能理解 Mariilyn。
But you never have to worry about Max. 但 根本不用担心Maax。
There's Mother and Grandpa ... 有妈妈和祖父呢……
and I can always arrange my photo schedule 而且我也能随时安排排我的摄影工
around your schedule, 配合 的时间表
if that will help. 假如那样有所帮助的的话
It's not the same, Richard. 那是不一样的 Richhard。
Have you discussed going back to work with your boss? 已跟 的老板讨论论过回去工作的事
Rita Mae called yesterday. Rita Mae昨天打电话话来了
Ah! That's what's got you thinking, isn't it? 噢 就是那通电话使使 开始思量起来的 是
She wants to know 她想知道
when I think I'll be returning to the boutique. 我打算什麽时候回去去时装店工作
when I think I'll be returning to the boutique. 我打算什麽时候回去去时装店工作
And you said ... ? 那 怎麽说的
I said I'd give her an answer in a few days ... 我说这几天给她回答答…
that I wasn't sure. 我说我不能确定。
I'm sure Rita Mae will understand 我相信Rita Mae会理理解
and wait until you're ready to go back to work. 而且会等 准备好了了才回去工作
Well, maybe she will, and maybe she won't. 嗯 也许她会 也许许她不会
Who knows? 谁知道
If I don't accept her offer, 假如我不接受她这个个工作机
maybe she'll find someone else in the meantime, 她也许会在这段时间间找别的人
and when I'm ready to go back, 而当我准备好要回去去
there won't be a job for me. 已经没有空缺了。
That's something to consider. 这是需要考虑的一点点
You've got yourself to think about, too. 也得为自己著想。
But I am thinking about myself. 但我就是在为自己著著想呀
Don't you see? 你不知道吗
What do you mean? 是什麽意思
It's not just the job. 不只是那项工作而已已
It's also my career as Max's mother. 当Max的母亲也是我档氖 业。
That's the way I look at it. 我就是这麽看这件事事的
I have two career opportunities at the same time. 我同时有两个事业机机会
My career as a fashion designer 时装设计事业
and my career as a mother. 和担任Max母亲的事乙怠
and my career as a mother. 和担任Max母亲的事乙怠
I never really thought about being a mother as a career. 我真的从来没有想到到做母亲还是一种事业
I guess you do have two career opportunities 我想 的确是有两个个事业机
and a decision to make. 而且必须做一个抉择择
I hear Max. 我听到Max哭了。
I'll go to him. 我去。
No, that's OK. 不 没关 。
I'll do it. 我去。