12-2010 : 英语技巧:如何使用正式和非正式的语言?

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/05/03 14:23:37
根据谈话对象和发生地点的不同,我们使用的语言也明显不同。 如果使用您自己的语言,那很简单,但如果使用英语呢? 哪些短语更适合于私人、非正式场合,哪些适合于更正式的商业场合?

请见下面的示例。 在每种情形下,第一个短语为非正式,而第二个短语更正式和礼貌。

不同意
“我根本就不赞成!(I don’t agree with you at all!)”
“我有一点不同意见。(I see that a little differently, I’m afraid.)”

“这完全就是垃圾!发布会晚了两天。(That’s complete rubbish! The presentation was two days late.)”
“对不起,我有不同意见:发布会晚了两天。(I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with you there: The presentation was two days late.)”

“您肯定在开玩笑!(You must be joking!)”
“是这样,但我们有一点不同看法。(That’s true, but we take a slightly different view.)”

“我觉得我们永远都不会同意的!(Well, I can see we’re never going to agree about that!)”
“恐怕我们无法同意。(I am afraid we are going to have to agree to differ.)”

同意
“我非常赞同!(I couldn’t agree more!)”
“我觉得我们现在就可在该方面达成一致。(I think we can agree on this point now.)”

“正和我想的一样!(My thoughts exactly!)”
“是的,我也是这样的观点。(Yes, that is my opinion, too.)”

“嘿,这确实是个很好的主意!(Hey, that’s a really fantastic idea!)”
“那将是个非常满意的解决方法。(That would be a very satisfactory solution.)”

“是的,我完全同意。(Right, I totally agree with you.)”
“我也恰好感觉如此。(Those are my feelings exactly.)”

道歉
“对不起,我来晚了!(Sorry I’m late!)”
“实在抱歉我来晚了,希望你们没有等很久。(I am really sorry to be late - I do hope you haven’t been waiting long.)”

“哦,天哪,对不起,我忘了我们说好哪天见面了!(Oh dear, sorry - I've forgotten what day we said we would meet!)”
“非常抱歉,我记性真差。您可以提醒我安排了哪天见面吗?(I’m so sorry, I have a terrible memory! Could you please remind me which day we arranged to meet?)”

“对不起,我还没有时间来完成报告。我今天早上做可以吗?(Sorry, I haven’t had time to finish the report yet. Is it OK if I do it this morning?)”
“我实在抱歉,还没有完成报告。希望今天早上完成对您没有影响。(I do apologise, but I haven’t been able to finish the report yet. I hope it will be all right if I finish it this morning.)”

“对不起,我不是说...(Sorry, we didn’t mean to ...)”
“我对所发生的事情深感抱歉。我们实在没有料到...(I very much regret what happened. It was in no way our intention to ...)”

请求
“嘿,您有时间吗?(Hey, have you got a minute?)”
“对不起,我可以打扰您几分钟吗?(Excuse me, could I disturb you for a few minutes?)”

“可以帮我一下忙吗?(Could you give me hand with this, please?)”
“您可以帮我一下忙吗?(Could you possibly help me with this, please?)”

“我非常渴,能给我点水喝吗?(I’m terribly thirsty - could you get me some water?)”
“对不起,我想知道是否能给我一杯水喝。(I’m sorry, but I wonder if I could possibly have a glass of water.)”

“明天开个简短会议如何?两点半可以吗?(How about a quick meeting tomorrow? Would two-thirty (half past two) be OK?)”
“我想知道您明天是否能够有时间开一个简短会议。两点半您方便吗?(I was wondering whether you could possibly find time for a brief meeting tomorrow. Would two-thirty (half past two) suit you/be convenient?)”

拒绝
“我不可能马上去做!(There is no way I’m going to do that now!)”
“恐怕现在不可能。(I am afraid that is not going to be possible at the moment.)”

“忘记它!没有机会!(Forget it! No chance!)”
“不,对不起,我不得不拒绝您的请求。(No, I’m sorry, but we’re going to have to say no to your request.)”

“对不起,我不能在周五一起吃午饭了,下周一如何?(Sorry, I can’t make lunch on Friday - how about next Monday?)”
“恐怕我不能周五共进午餐了,不过下周一您可以吗?(I’m afraid that lunch on Friday will not be possible, but would next Monday be possible for you?)”

“不行,我做不了。您可以找别人吗?(No, I don’t think I can do it. Can you ask someone else?)”
“很抱歉,我无法帮助您。您可以找别人吗?(I’m very sorry but I won’t be able to help you with that. Could you please ask someone else?)”