出国必备的日常英语用语

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/27 16:49:12
▲What's the rush! 急什么!
  ▲Such a fruitcake! 神经病!
  ▲I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。
  ▲I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!
  ▲easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。
  ▲flunk out 被当掉。
  ▲take french leave 不告而别。
  ▲I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。
  ▲You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。
  ▲hit the road = take off = get on one's way 离开。
  ▲Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.
  ▲Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿态。
  ▲Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。
  ▲klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白痴、的笨蛋。
  ▲know one's way around 识途老马。
  ▲lion's share 大部份。
  ▲tailgate 尾随(尤其跟车跟得太近)。
  ▲take a back seat. 让步。
  ▲take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滚开。
  ▲hit the hay =go to bed 睡觉。
  ▲Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 载我一程好吗?
  ▲GREen hand 生手、的没有经验的人。
  ▲moonshine = mountain dew 指私酿的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡说八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.
  ▲chill out =calm down =relax(来自黑人英语)
  ▲rip off =steal;I was ripped off.我被偷了;rip off 也常被用为“剥夺”My right was ripped off. 权利被剥夺(来自黑人英语)。
  ▲我们称美国大兵为G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德国兵或德国佬为Fritzor Kraut,称英国佬为John Bull,日本人为Jap.或Nip,犹太人为Jew都是很不礼貌的称呼。
  ▲mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around.赶快工作,别瞎搅和。
  ▲snob 势利眼。
  ▲sneak in,sneak out 偷偷溜进去,溜出来。sneakers 运动鞋。
  ▲She is such a brown-noser. 她是个马屁精。
  ▲This is in way over my head. 对我而言这实在太难了。
  ▲I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是个考试紧张大师,一考试胃就抽筋。
  ▲Keep your study (work) on track. 请按进度读书(工作)。
  ▲Did you come up with any ideas? 有没有想到什么新的意见?
  ▲Don't get uptight !Take it easy. 别紧张,慢慢来!
  ▲Cheese ! It tastes like cardboard. Cheese吃起来味如嚼腊!
  ▲Get one's feet wet. 与中文里的“涉足”或“下海”,寓意相同,表示初尝某事。I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.
  ▲Potluck Party 一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,叁加的人必须带一道菜准备饮料,最好事先问问主人的意思。
  ▲Pull over!把车子开到旁边。
  ▲Drop me a line!写封信给我。
  ▲Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧!
  ▲For here or to go?食堂或外卖。
  ▲cool; That's cool! 等于国内年轻人常用的囗语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。
  ▲What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!” 或“Nothing new!”
  ▲Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
  ▲Don't give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!
  ▲Get yourself together! 振作点行不行!
  ▲Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。
  ▲Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。
  ▲Give me a break ! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
  ▲Hang on. 请稍候。
  ▲Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
  ▲What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。
  ▲What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。
  ▲Go for it. 加油
  ▲You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的!
  ▲Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。
  ▲Don't be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。
  ▲It's a long story. 唉!说来话长。
  ▲How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?
  ▲Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。
  ▲Don't put on airs. 别摆架子。
  ▲Wishful thinking.一厢情愿的想法。
  ▲Don't be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好!
  ▲Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
  ▲Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人。
  ▲What's the catch? 有什么内幕?
  ▲Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢叁加舞会的人)。
  ▲Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass.讨厌的东西、的人或事。
  ▲Skeleton in the closet.家丑。
  ▲Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!
  ▲Afat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小。
  ▲Don't put on airs! 别摆架子!
  ▲I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑汁。
  ▲She's a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚。
  ▲Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日梦。
  ▲I am so fed up. 我受够了!
  ▲It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
  ▲What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么?
  ▲By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。
  ▲ steam 蒸 poach 水煮 boil 煮 toast 烤(面包)grill 烤、的煎 roast(duck) 烘烤、的红烧、的(烤鸭) braise 油炸过用温火炖 pure 煮成浓汤 broil 烧、的烤 season 加调味料 panbroil 用浅锅烧烤 seasoning 调味料 fry 炸、的炒 dressing 沙拉酱 bake 烤 gravy 肉 saute' 用温火慢炒 appetizer 饭前菜、的小菜 stew 炖、的焖、的红烧 entree 主菜 simmer 慢炖、的煨 snack 点心、的小点 stir fry 快炒、的大火炒 marinate 腌、的用卤泡,卤 smoke 熏
  ▲Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃点东西吧!
  ▲I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. =My treat. 我请客。
  ▲Let's go dutch. 各付各的。
  ▲My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服。
  ▲diarrhea [dai r'i ] 拉肚子。
  ▲吃牛排时,waitor 会问 "How would you like it ?" 就是问“要几分熟?”的意思,可以选择 rare,medium 或 well-done。
  ▲I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
  ▲May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你未能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。)
  ▲I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲!
  ▲Let's get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!YouTheme收集整理