走遍美国16.3

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/28 14:09:57
第十六课:Full of Surprises ACT III

Don't tell me. 别告诉我。
Please don't tell me. 请先别告诉我。
I recognize you ... 我认得你……
Oh, don't be silly, Arnie. 噢 别傻了 Arrnie。
Of course you recognize him. 你当然认得他。
Except for the beard, he hasn't changed in fifty years. 除了有 他他五十年来没有变
It's Malcolm Stewart! 他是Malcolm Sttewart
I know it's Malcolm Stewart. 我就知道是Malccolm Stewart
You haven't changed much in fifty years. 你五十年来没有有什麽变
Peggy--Peggy Pendleton! Peggy Peggyy Pendleton
You're Peggy Pendleton! 是Peggy Penddleton
Who am I, you old rascal? 我是谁 你这个个老玩童
You don't recognize me, do you? 你不认识我了 是吗
I know who you are. 我知道你是谁。
You're Arnold Franklin! 你是Arnold Fraanklin
I know who you are! 我知道你是谁
You look wonderful, Malcolm! 你看起来好得很很 Malcol
Sit down. Sit down. 请坐。请坐吧。
Pete isn't home. Pete不在家。
Really? 真的吗
No. He left a note on the door 是的。他留了一一张条子在门
saying he was going to the railroad station 说他要去火车站
to pick up a surprise. 接一个意外惊喜喜回来
He's so funny. 他喜欢开玩笑。
Always full of surprises, 总是出人意表
even fifty years later. 五十年之後还是是这样
The two of you look unbelievable! 你们俩看起来简简直让人难以置
How's your family? 你的家人好吗
Oh, I was sorry 噢 我很难过
to hear about your wife having passed away. 听到你太太去世世的消息
Yes. About four years ago. 是的 大约四年年前走的
And you're living with your children now? In New York? 你现在跟你的孩孩子们一起住在New York对
Pete wrote us and told us. Pete写信告诉我我们的
Yup. 是的。
Retired and moved to New York 我退休了 搬到到纽
Retired and moved to New York 我退休了 搬到到纽
to live with my son and his family. 和我儿子和他的的家人住在一起
By the way, 顺便问一声
what do you think this big surprise is? 你认为这一件大大惊喜会是什
It could be most anything, knowing Pete. 任何事情都可能能 你是知道Pete的
Hey, that must be Pete! 嗨 那一定是Peete
Now we'll find out about the surprise. 现在我们可以知知道是什麽样的惊喜了
So good to see you all! 看到你们大家真真高
Oh, Pete, Pete! 噢 Pete Pete
Oh, it's so good to see you! 噢 看到你真是是太好了
Remember Lillian? 还记得Lillian
I remember all of you. 我记得你们各位位
You haven't changed a bit. 你们一点都没有有变
Lillian! Oh, my gosh! Lillian 噢 挝业奶彀
Lillian Winters. Lillian Winterrs。
We were together in the Thursday night drama society. 我们过去总在星星期四晚上的话剧社 聚会
Remember me, Malcolm? 还记得我吗 Maalcolm
Oh, beautiful as ever, Lillian. 噢 还像以前前一样漂亮 Lillian
How's Donald? Donald怎麽样
That's OK, Malcolm. 没有关 Malccolm。
Donald passed away a couple of years ago. Donald几年前去去世了
Sorry to hear that, Lillian. 很遗憾听到这个个 Lillian
Oh, I'm so sorry. 噢 我真难过。
Oh, I'm so sorry. 噢 我真难过。
I would not have missed this get-together for the world! 世界上任何事情情都阻止不了我来参加这次聚
And your little surprise, Pete? 你的小惊喜呢 Pete
You really surprised me 你已经够让人惊惊喜
by having us all come together. 使我们聚在一起起
You don't know what the surprise is yet? 你们还不知道这这个惊喜是什
Come on! 过来
We'll tell you the big surprise. 我来告诉你们这这个大惊喜
I've invited you here for the weekend to help celebrate. 我邀请你们到这这儿来渡 末 一起 熳!
Celebrate? 庆祝
Our fiftieth reunion? 是我们的五十年年重
No. 不是吧。
No. Pete wants to tell you ... 不是。Pete要告告诉你们…
Now, let me have the honor, Lillian. 现在 容我享有有这个荣幸 Lillian
For goodness' sake, Pete, tell us! 天啊 Pete 快快告诉我
I can't wait much longer. 我再也不能等了了
Well, I am pouring this iced tea 嗯 我再给你们们倒冰
so that we can toast Lillian--and me. 以便我们能敬Liillian一杯 也敬我。
You don't mean to tell me that you and ... 你不会是告诉我我们你和…
Yes, I do. 是的 我是这个个意思
I have loved Lillian all these years, 这些年来我一直直爱著Lillia
so I asked her to be Mrs. Pete Waters. 所以我请求她成成为Pete Waters夫人
And I said yes. 而我答应了。
And I said yes. 而我答应了。
I knew it! I knew it! 我就知道是这样样 我就知道是这
Congratulations! 恭喜你们
Oh, Lillian, 噢 Lillian
I am so happy for you both. 我真为你们俩感感到高兴
It's wonderful! 太好了
It's wonderful for me. 这对我来说太好好了
Lillian will make me a happy man--finally. Lillian会使我种 於成为一个快乐的 人。
You are full of surprises, Pete. 你总是出人意表表 Pete
We are going to 我们要
spend the entire weekend having a good time together here 一起渡过一个快快乐的
on the farm. 在农场。
We are going to celebrate all weekend. 我们整个 末都都要进行 熳!
When is the wedding? 什麽时候举行婚婚礼
That's another surprise. 这是另一个惊喜喜
Lillian and I were married two weeks ago in Detroit. Lillian和我已揪 在两 前在Detroit结婚了。
She's come here to stay. 她这次来是要住住下来
Wait till I tell my family about this! 我告诉我家人这这件事的时候有的瞧
Why, that's wonderful! 哎呀 这太美好好