走遍美国7.3

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/26 17:17:29
第七课:Man's Best Friend ACT III

OK. 好
If you want to adopt an animal, 如果你想收养动物
first we need to know some references. 首先 我们得知道哪忝怯心男 备询人。
References? 备询人
People we know? 我们认识的人
Friends, teachers.... 朋友 老师……
We need to talk to some people about you. 我们得向一些人打烫 你。
We want to be sure that you're responsible 我们要确定你是肯父 责的
and that you can take good care of an animal. 而且能够好好照料抖 物。
Then you have to fill out this form 然後你要填写这份北砀
about your family background. 关於你的家庭背景 的。
Is that it? 就这些啦
No, there's more. 不 还有。
We need to know about your history with animals. 我们要了解你以前佑 动物的关连。
Have you ever owned an animal? 你是否曾养过动物
Yes. 是的。
We had a cat when I was eight years old. 我八岁时养过一
I love cats. 我喜欢猫。
Do you have any animals now? 你现在还养著什麽抖 物吗
Unfortunately, no. 很遗憾 没有。
Anything else? 还有别的事吗
We also like to know 我们还想知道
your reasons for wanting an animal. 你要养动物的原因
Just to hold it and cuddle with it. 只不过想抱抱 侣 。
Just to have as a pet. 只是要养来当宠物
I love animals. 我喜欢动物。
To have a friend -- a pal. 想要一个朋友 一父 伙伴。
You know, man's best friend is his dog. 知道的 人类最汉 的朋友就是狗。
And one thing more. 还有一件事。
If you're under twenty-one years of age ... 如果你还不到二十乙 岁……
That's me. 我就是这种情 。
Then an adult must sign for you. 那就必须有一位成哪耆 来替你签字。
Uh-oh. 啊哈。
No problem. 没问题。
My parents will think it's a good idea. 我的父母会觉得这适 件好事。
I'll be back with them. 我会带他们来。
If the real owners don't come to claim Gemma ... 如果狗的主人没认亮霨emma……
After forty-eight hours. 四十八小时後。
After forty-eight hours. 四十八小时後。
But please call first. 不过 请你先打电换啊
Thanks for your information and for being so helpful. 谢谢 的帮助和提构┑难断ⅰ
It's my pleasure. 我很愿意效劳。
Nice talking to both of you. 很高兴与两位交谈
Thanks again. 再次谢谢 。
Bye. 再见。
Maybe the real owners will come to claim her. 也许狗的主人会来热狭 的。
Her eyes look so sad. 的目光那麽忧郁
She must really miss them. 她准是很想主人。
I see you're both animal lovers. 我看得出你们都是舷 爱动物的人。
We are. 我们是。
Good-bye, Miss Aborn. 再见 Aborn小姐。
We'll call in a couple of days. 我们两三天後给 创 电话。
Good-bye, and thanks for bringing Gemma in. 再见 谢谢你们把GGemma送来。
Bye. 再见。
I keep thinking about the dog -- about Gemma, 我一直在想那 狗 Gemma
alone in the animal shelter. 独自在动物收容所 。
I know. 我知道。
But I promise you, Alexandra, 但是 我向 保
the dog is just fine. 那 狗会很好的。
They're very kind to the animals. 他们照料动物很细行牡摹
I know they are. 我知道他们会。
I know they are. 我知道他们会。
I mean about her being alone. 我是指 很孤单。
Even if they are kind to Gemma, 即使他们对Gemma很很
she's still alone, without her family. 仍是孤单单的 照也 到家。
Ready, folks? 可以点菜了吗 两
Are you ready, Alexandra? 想好了吗 Alexaandra
Yes, I'm ready. 是的 我想好了。
I'll have the chef's salad, please. 我要主厨沙拉。
I will have a cheeseburger, medium rare, 我要一份起士汉堡 五分熟
with raw onion, and french fries, please. 加生洋 和炸薯烫酢
Anything to drink? 要喝点什麽吗
A diet cola, please. 一份健怡可乐。
Ginger ale with lots of ice for me, thank you. 味汽水 多加些北 谢谢。
I've got it. 我都记下了。
Thanks. 谢谢。
Aren't you surprised 不觉得很讶 吗
that the animal shelter is so careful 动物收容所需要如创 小心
about finding homes for the animals? 为动物寻个家。
No, I'm not. 不 我不觉得。
And a cheeseburger, medium rare, 一份起士汉堡 五贩质
with onion and french fries. 附加洋 和炸薯条
And a ginger ale with lots of ice. 一份 味汽水 加汉 多冰块。
Salad dressing? 沙拉要什麽调味酱
Salad dressing? 沙拉要什麽调味酱
Hey, I wanted you to hear my new sound system 嘿 我正想让 听烫业男乱粝
when the dog scratched on the front door. 当那狗在抓前门时
Let's finish eating, 我们赶紧吃完
and then we'll go back to my house. 然後回到我家。
I want you to hear my new tapes. 我给 听我的新录乙 带。
I've got some great new dance music. 我有几卷很好的新挝 曲。
Hello. 喂。
Stewart residence. Stewart家。
Hello. 你好。
Is Robbie Stewart there? Robbie Stewart在
This is he. 我就是。
Who's this? 是谁
This is Linda Aborn from the animal shelter. 我是动物收容所的LLinda Aborn。
It's Linda from the animal shelter. 是动物收容所的Linnda。
Yes, Linda. 是的 Linda。
Hi. 嗨。
We have good news and bad news, Robbie. 我给你带来了好消舷⒑ 坏消息 Robbie。
Oh? 噢
The good news is that the Levinsons have come by 好消息是Levinson贩 妇已来这儿
to pick up the dog. 把狗领回去了。
The bad news is, you won't be able to adopt the dog. 坏消息是 你不能适 养那 狗了。
That's OK. 没有关 。
Come by one day and look at some of the other dogs. 有空来一趟 看看破 他狗。
I'm sure there's one for you. 我相信会有你喜欢档摹
Thanks, Robbie. 谢谢 Robbie。
And the Levinsons thank you for bringing their dog to us. Levinson夫妇也谢 谢你把他们的狗送来。
Thanks, Linda. 谢谢 Linda。
Bye. 再见。
The owners claimed Gemma? 主人把狗领回去了
That's right. 对的。
I'm glad for the dog. 我真替那 狗高兴
I guess I am, too. 我想我也一样。
She said if I come by, 她说 如果我去一
she'll help me find another dog. 她会帮我另外找一 狗。
Come on. 来吧
Let's dance. 咱们跳舞。