友谊YY

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/05/02 00:04:33
a friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out.
别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。”sometimes in life,
有时候在生活中,you find a special friend;
你会找到一个特别的朋友;someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能改变你整个的生活。someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;
他会把你逗得开怀大笑;someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.
他会让你相信人间有真情。someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door justwaiting for you to open it.
他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。this is forever friendship.
这就是永远的友谊。when you're down,
当你失意,and the world seems dark and empty,
当世界变得黯淡与空虚,your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark andempty world
suddenly seem bright and full.
你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和充实。your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,andthe confused times.
你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。if you turn and walk away,
你转身走开时,your forever friend follows,
真正的朋友会紧紧相随,if you lose you way,
你迷失方向时,your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.
真正的朋友会引导你,鼓励你。your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything isgoing to be okay.
真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。and if you find such a friend,
如果你找到了这样的朋友,you feel happy and complete,
你会快乐,觉得人生完整,because you need not worry,
因为你无需再忧虑。your have a forever friend for life,
你拥有了一个真正的朋友,and forever has no end.
永永远远,永无止境。
 
If I were a boy again, I would practice perseverance more often, and never give up a thing because it was or inconvenient. If we want light, we must conquer darkness. Perseverance can sometimes equal genius in its results. “There are only two creatures,” syas a proverb, “who can surmount the pyramids—the eagle and the snail.” If I were a boy again, I would school myself into a habit of attention; I would let nothing come between me and the subject in hand. I would remember that a good skater never tries to skate in two directions at once. The habit of attention becomes part of our life, if we begain early enough. I often hear grown up people say “ I could not fix my attention on the sermon or book, although I wished to do so” , and the reason is, the habit was not formed in youth. If I were to live my life over again, I would pay more attention to the cultivation of the memory. I would strengthen that faculty by every possible means, and on every possible occasion. It takes a little hard work at first to remember things accurately; but memory soon helps itself, and gives very little trouble. It only needs early cultivation to become a power.
假如我又回到了童年,我做事要更有毅力,决不因为事情艰难或者麻烦而撒手不干,我们要光明,就得征服黑暗。毅力在效果上有时能同天才相比。俗话说:“能登上金字塔的生物,只有两种——鹰和蜗牛。”假如我又回到了童年,我就要养成专心致志的习惯;有事在手,就决不让任何东西让我分心。我要牢记:优秀的滑冰手从不试图同时滑向两个不同的方向。如果及早养成这种专心致志的习惯,它将成为我们生命的一部分。我常听成年人说:“虽然我希望能集中注意听牧师讲道或读书,但往往做不到。”而原因就是年轻时没有养成这种习惯。假如我现在能重新开始我的生命,我就要更注意记忆力的培养。我要采取一切可能的办法,并且在一切可能的场合,增强记忆力。要正确无误地记住一些东西,在开始阶段的确要作出一番小小的努力;但要不了多久,记忆力本身就会起作用,使记忆成为轻而易举的事,只需及早培养,记忆自会成为一种才能。
If I were a boy again, I would cultivate courage. “Nothing is so mild and gentle as courage, nothing so cruel and pitiless as cowardice,” syas a wise author. We too often borrow trouble, and anticipate that may never appear.” The fear of ill exceeds the ill we fear.” Dangers will arise in any career, but presence of mind will often conquer the worst of them. Be prepared for any fate, and there is no harm to be freared. If I were a boy again, I would look on the cheerful side. Life is very much like a mirror: if you smile upon it, I smiles back upon you; but if you frown and look doubtful on it, you will get a similar look in return. Inner sunshine warms not only the heart of the owner, but of all that come in contact with it. “ who shuts love out ,in turn shall be shut out from love.” If I were a boy again, I would school myself to say no more often. I might write pages on the importance of learning very early in life to gain that point where a young boy can stand erect, and decline doing an unworthy act because it is unworthy. If I were a boy again, I would demand of myself more courtesy towards my companions and friends, and indeed towards strangers as well. The smallest courtesies along the rough roads of life are like the little birds that sing to us all winter long, and make that season of ice and snow more endurable. Finally, instead of trying hard to be happy, as if that were the sole purpose of life, I would , if I were a boy again, I would still try harder to make others happy.
假如我又回到了童年,我就要培养勇气。一位明智的作家曾说过:“世上没有东西比勇气更温文尔雅,也没有东西比懦怯更残酷无情。”我们常常过多地自寻烦恼,杞人忧天。“怕祸害比祸害本身更可怕。”凡事都有危险,但镇定沉着往往能克服最严重的危险。对一切祸福做好准备,那么就没有什么灾难可以害怕的了。假如我又回到了童年,我就要事事乐观。生活犹如一面镜子:你朝它笑,它也朝你笑;如果你双眉紧锁,向它投以怀疑的目光,它也将还以你同样的目光。内心的欢乐不仅温暖了欢乐者自己的心,也温暖了所有与之接触者的心。“谁拒爱于门外,也必将被爱拒诸门外。”假如我又回到了童年,我就要养成经常说“不”字的习惯。一个少年要能挺得起腰,拒绝做不应该做的事,就因为这事不值得做。我可以写上好几页谈谈早年培养这一点的重要性。假如我又回到了童年,我就要要求自己对伙伴和朋友更加礼貌,而且对陌生人也应如此。在坎坷的生活道路上,最细小的礼貌犹如在漫长的冬天为我们歌唱的小鸟,那歌声使冰天雪地的寒冬变得较易忍受。最后,假如我又回到了童年,我不会力图为自己谋幸福,好像这就是人生唯一的目的;与之相反,我要更努力为他人谋幸福
A Glass of Milk
一杯牛奶的温暖One day, a poor boy who was trying to pay his way through school by selling goods door to door found that he only had one dime left. He was hungry so he decided to beg for a meal at the next house.
  一天,一个贫穷的小男孩为了攒够学费正挨家挨户地推销商品。饥寒交迫的他摸遍全身,却只有一角钱。于是他决定向下一户人家讨口饭吃。However, he lost his nerve when a lovely young woman opened the door. Instead of a meal he asked for a drink of water. She thought he looked hungry so she brought him a large glass of milk. He drank it slowly, and then asked, "How much do I owe you?"
  然而,当一位美丽的年轻女子打开房门的时候,这个小男孩却有点不知所措了。他没有要饭,只乞求给他一口水喝。这位女子看到他饥饿的样子,就倒了一大杯牛奶给他。男孩慢慢地喝完牛奶,问道:“我应该付多少钱?”"You don't owe me anything," she replied. "Mother has taught me never to accept pay for a kindness." He said, "Then I thank you from the bottom of my heart." As Howard Kelly left that house, he not only felt stronger physically, but it also increased his faith in God and the human race. He was about to give up and quit before this point.
  年轻女子微笑着回答:“一分钱也不用付。我妈妈教导我,施以爱心,不图回报。”男孩说:“那么,就请接受我由衷的感谢吧!”说完,霍华德-凯利就离开了这户人家。此时的他不仅自己浑身是劲儿,而且更加相信上帝和整个人类。本来,他都打算放弃了。Years later the young woman became critically ill. The local doctors were baffled. They finally sent her to the big city, where specialists can be called in to study her rare disease. Dr. Howard Kelly, now famous was called in for the consultation. When he heard the name of the town she came from, a strange light filled his eyes. Immediately, he rose and went down through the hospital hall into her room.
  数年之后,那位女子得了一种罕见的重病,当地医生对此束手无策。最后,她被转到大城市医治,由专家会诊治疗。大名鼎鼎的霍华德-凯利医生也参加了医疗方案的制定。当他听到病人来自的那个城镇的名字时,一个奇怪的念头霎时间闪过他的脑际。他马上起身直奔她的病房。 Dressed in his doctor's gown he went in to see her. He recognized her at once. He went back to the consultation room and determined to do his best to save her life. From that day on, he gave special attention to her case.
  身穿手术服的凯利医生来到病房,一眼就认出了恩人。回到会诊室后,他决心一定要竭尽所能来治好她的病。从那天起,他就特别关照这个对自己有恩的病人。
 After a long struggle, the battle was won. Dr. Kelly requested the business office to pass the final bill to him for approval. He looked at it and then wrote something on the side. The bill was sent to her room. She was afraid to open it because she was positive that it would take the rest of her life to pay it off. Finally she looked, and the note on the side of the bill caught her attention. She read these words...
  经过艰苦的努力,手术成功了。凯利医生要求把医药费通知单送到他那里,他看了一下,便在通知单的旁边签了字。当医药费通知单送到她的病房时,她不敢看。因为她确信,治病的费用将会花费她整个余生来偿还。最后,她还是鼓起勇气,翻开了医药费通知单,旁边的那行小字引起了她的注意,她不禁轻声读了出来:"Paid in full with a glass of milk."
(Signed) Dr. Howard Kelly
  “医药费已付:一杯牛奶。”
  (签名)霍华德-凯利医生Tears of joy flooded hereyes as she prayed silently: "Thank You, God. Your love has spread through human hearts and hands."
  喜悦的泪水溢出了她的眼睛,她默默地祈祷着:“谢谢你,上帝,你的爱已通过人类的心灵和双手传播了。”