生活常用英语

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/05/03 03:56:32
生活常用英语

2.习语类

pull one's leg 开玩笑(不是“拉后腿”)
in one's birthday suit 赤身裸体(不是“穿着生日礼服”)
eat one's words 收回前言(不是“食言”)
an apple of love 西红柿(不是“爱情之果”)
handwriting on the wall 不祥之兆(不是“大字报”)
bring down the house 博得全场喝彩(不是“推倒房子”)
have a fit 勃然大怒(不是“试穿”)
make one's hair stand on end 令人毛骨悚然—恐惧(不是“令人发指——气愤”)
be taken in 受骗,上当(不是“被接纳”)
think a great deal of oneself 高看或看重自己(不是“为自己想得很多”)
pull up one's socks 鼓起勇气(不是“提上袜子”)
have the heart to do (用于否定句)忍心做……不是“有心做”或“有意做”)


3.短句类

What a shame! 多可惜!真遗憾!(不是“多可耻”)
You don't say! 是吗!(不是“你别说”)
You can say that again! 说得好!(不是“你可以再说一遍”)
I haven't slept better. 我睡得好极了。(不是“我从未睡过好觉”)
You can't be too careful in your work. 你工作越仔细越好。(不是“你工作不能太仔细”)
It has been 4 years since I smoked. 我戒烟4年了。(不是“我抽烟4年了”)
All his friends did not turn up. 他的朋友没全到。(不是“他的朋友全没到”)
People will be long forgetting her. 人们在很长时间内会记住她的。(不是“人们会永远忘记她”)  
He was only too pleased to let them go. 他很乐意让他们走。(不是“他太高兴了,不愿让他们走”)  
It can't be less interesting. 它无聊极了。(不是“它不可能没有趣”)
thousand times no! 绝对办不到!
Easy does it. 慢慢来。
Don't push me. 别逼我。
Have a good of it.玩的很高兴。
What is the fuss? 吵什么?
Still up? 还没睡呀?
It doesn't make any differences. 没关系。
Don't let me down. 别让我失望。
God works. 上帝的安排。
Don't take ill of me. 别生我气。
Does it serve your purpose? 对你有用吗?
Don't flatter me. 过奖了。
Big mouth! 多嘴驴!
Sure thing! 当然!
I''m going to go. 我这就去。
Never mind. 不要紧。
Can-do. 能人。
Close-up. 特写镜头。
Drop it! 停止!
Bottle it! 闭嘴!
Don''t play possum! 别装蒜!
There is nobody by that name working here.这里没有这个人。
Break the rules. 反规则。
How big of you! 你真棒!
Poor thing! 真可怜!
Nuts! 呸;胡说;混蛋
Make it up! 不记前嫌!
Watch you mouth. 注意言辞。
Any urgent thing? 有急事吗?
Don't over do it. 别太过分了。
Can you dig it? 你搞明白了吗?
You want a bet? 你想打赌吗?
What if I go for you? 我替你去怎么样?
Who wants? 谁稀罕?
Follow my nose. 凭直觉做某事。
Gild the lily. 画蛇添足。
I'll be seeing you. 再见。
I wonder if you can give me a lift? 能让我搭一程吗?
I might hear a pin drop. 非常寂静。
Why are you so sure? 怎么这样肯定?
Is that so? 是这样吗?
Don't get loaded. 别喝醉了。
Don't get high hat. 别摆架子。
Right over there. 就在那里。
Doggy bag. 打包袋。
That rings a bell. 听起来耳熟。
Sleeping on both ears. 睡的香。
Play hooky. 旷工、旷课。
I am the one wearing pants in the house. 我当家。
It's up in the air. 尚未确定。
I am all ears. 我洗耳恭听。
Get cold feet. 害怕做某事。
Good for you! 好得很!
Help me out. 帮帮我。
Let's bag it. 先把它搁一边。
Lose head. 丧失理智。
Talk truly. 有话直说。
He is the pain on neck. 他真让人讨厌。
You bet! 一定,当然!
That is a boy! 太好了,好极了!
It's up to you. 由你决定。
The line is engaged. 占线。
My hands are full right now. 我现在很忙。
Don't make up a story. 不要捏造事实。
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 小别胜新婚。
She make a mess of things. 她把事情搞得一塌糊涂。
Get an eyeful. 看个够。
He has a quick eye. 他的眼睛很锐利。
Shoot the breeze. 闲谈。
Tell me when! 随时奉陪!
Let's play it by ear. 让我们随兴所至。
Why so blue? 怎么垂头丧气?
What brought you here? 什么风把你吹来了?
Chin up. 不气 ,振作些。
You never know. 世事难料。
High jack! 举起手来(抢劫)!
She'll be along in a few minutes. 他马上会过来。
He is a fast talker. 他是个吹牛大王。
I'll get even with him one day. 我总有一天跟他扯平
She's got quite a wad. 她身怀巨款。
I don't have anywhere to be. 没地方可去。
I'm dying to see you. 我很想见你。
Nothing tricky. 别耍花招。
Price is soaring, if it goes on like this, we shall not be able to keep the pot boiling.
物价直线上升,这样子下去,我们锅里可没什么东西煮饭。
None of you keyhole. 不准偷看。
Come on, be reasonable. 嗨,你怎么不讲道理。
You don't say so. 未必吧,不至于这样吧。
Don't get me wrong. 别误会我。
You don't seem to be quite yourself today. 你今天看起来不大对劲。
Do you have any money on you? 你身上带钱了吗?
Dinner is on me. 晚饭我请。
Not precisely! 不见得,不一定!
We have no way out. 我们没办法。
I hate to be late and keep my date waiting. 我不喜欢迟到而让别人久等。
It doesn't take much of you time. 这不花你好多时间。
Not in the long run. 从长远来说不是这样的。
It is of high quality. 它质量上乘。
He pushes his luck. 他太贪心了。
I can't make both ends meet. 我上个月接不到下个月,缺钱。
It can be a killer. 这是个伤脑筋的问题。
You ask for it! 活该!


What are you trying to say?(你到底想说什么?)
Don't be silly.(别胡闹了。)
How strong are your glasses?(你近视多少度?)
Just because.(没有别的原因。)
It isn't the way I hoped it would be.(这不是我所盼望的。)
You will never guess.(你永远猜不到。)
No one could do anything about it.(众人对此束手无措。)
I saw something deeply disturbing.(深感事情不妙。)
Money is a good servant but a bad master.(要做金钱的主人,莫做金钱的奴隶。)
I am not available.(我正忙着)
Wisdom in the mind is better than money in the hand.(脑中的知识比手中的金钱更重要)
Never say die.it's a piece of cake.别泄气,那只是小菜一碟。
Don't worry.you'll get use to it soon.别担心,很快你就会习惯的。
I konw how you feel.我明白你的感受。
You win some.you lose some.胜败乃兵家常事。
Don't bury your head in the sand.不要逃避现实。
I didn't expect you to such a good job.我没想到你干得这么好。
You are coming alone well.你做得挺顺利。
She is well-build.她的身材真棒。
You look neat and fresh.你看起来很清纯。
You have a beautiful personality.你的气质很好。
You flatter me immensely.你过奖啦。
You should be slow to judge others.你不应该随意评论别人。
I hope you will excuse me if i make any mistake.如有任何错误,请你原谅
It was most careless ofme.我太粗心了。
It was quite by accident.真是始料不及。
I wish i had all the time i'd ever wasted,so i could waste it all over again.我希望所有被我浪费的时间重新回来,让我再浪费一遍。
I like you the way you were.我喜欢你以前的样子。
You two go ahead to the movie without me,i don't want to be a third wheel.你们两个自己去看电影吧,我不想当电灯泡。
Do you have anyone in mind?你有心上人吗?
How long have you known her?你认识她多久了?
It was love at frist sight.一见钟情
I'd bettle hit the books.我要复习功课啦。
a piece of one's mind .直言不讳
He gave me a piece of mind,"Don't shift responsibility onto others."他责备道:“不要把责任推卸到别人身上。”
a cat and dog life 水火不容的生活
The husband and his wife are always quarrelling,and they are leading a cat and dog life.这对夫妇老是吵架,相互之间水火不容。
a dog's life 潦倒的生活
The man lived a dog's life.这个人生活潦倒。 
A to Z 从头至尾
I know that from A to Z. 我很了解这件事。
above somebody 深奥
Well,this sort of talk is above me.我不懂你们在讲什么。
all ears 全神贯注地倾听着
When you tell Mary some gossip,she is all ears.跟Mary讲一些小道消息,她会听地仔仔细细。
all the more 更加,益发
You'll be all the better for a holiday.度一次假,对你会更有好处。
all dressed up 打扮得整整齐齐
She is all dressed up and nowhere to go.她打扮得整整齐却无处炫耀。
all in all 总的说来;最心爱的东西
The daughter is all in all to him.女儿是他的无价宝。
all out 竭尽全力
They went all out.他们鼓足了干劲。
all over 全部结束;浑身,到处
Glad,it is all over.这事全部结束了,好得很。
I'm wet all over.我浑身都湿了。
all set 准备就绪
He is all set for an early morning start.他已做好清晨出发的一切准备。
all you have to do 需要做得是
All you have to do is to calm yourself down and wait for the good news.你需要做得是静下心来等好消息。
as easy as falling of a log /as easy as snapping your fingers /as easy as ABC 容易得很
To me,a good story teller,it would be as easy as falling of a log.
对我来说,讲个故事还不是随手拈来。
as busy as a bee 非常忙
Mum is always as busy as a bee in the moring.妈妈每天早上都忙得不可开交。
at one's fingertips 了如指掌
How to get at that little island is at his fingertips.他知道怎么去那个小岛。
at one's wit's end 智穷
Don't ask him.It is also at his wit's end.不要问他了,他也不知道。
big shot 大人物,大亨
He is a big shot in our little town.
black sheep 败家子,害群之马
Every family has a black sheep.家家有本难念的经。
black and blue 遍体鳞伤
The thief was caught of red-handed and beaten black and blue.那个小偷当场被抓住并被打得青一块紫一块的。
black and white 白纸黑字
The proof is in black and white and the murderer has no any excuses.证据确凿,凶手再也无话可说。
blind alley 死胡同
You are heading into a blind alley.你正在钻牛角尖。
blow hot and cold 摇摆不定
This guy seemed to have no own idea.He always blew hot and cold.这家伙好象没什么主张,总是摇摆不定。
blow one's own trumpet 自吹自擂
Don't blow your own tumpet.Let us see what on earth you can do.不要自吹自擂了,让我们看看你到底能做什么。
born with a silver in one's mouth 出生在富贵人家
He is born with a silver in one's mouth.他是含着金钥匙出生的。
bland new 崭新的
a bland new coat 新衣服
break the ice 打破沉默
The couple hadn't spoken to each other for a week.They were both waiting for the other one to break the ice.这对夫妇已经一个星期没说过话了。两人都在等另一方先开口。
by a blow 无意中的一击
He is beaten to the ground by a blow.他被击到在地。
can't stand it any longer 不能再忍受了
I can't stand it any longer,I quit.我再也忍受不了了,我走。
carry something too far 过火了
You are carrying your joke too far.你玩笑开得太过分了。
castle in the sky 海市蜃楼
You plan is nearly a castle in the sky.你的计划简直就是空想。
cats got one's tongue 哑口无言
chain smoker 老烟枪
come up with 产生,想出