Her Mantle So Green

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/25 05:18:01
 Her Mantle So Green


Sinead O'Connor

As I went out walking, one morning in June
六月的清晨,我在郊外散步
To view the fair fields, and the valleys in bloom;
看着这金黄的土地和山花烂漫的山谷
I spied a pretty fair maid, she appeared like a queen,
我突然发现一个非常美丽的女孩,她就像女皇一样出现在我的视野中
With her costly fine robes and her mantle so green
披着华贵的长袍,她墨绿色的披风是那么的绚丽夺目
Says I, my pretty fair maid, wont you come with me,
我美丽的姑娘,你愿意与我一起远走吗?我说
We’ll both join in wedlock, and married we’ll be;
我们将相知相爱,携手享受婚姻
I will dress you in fine linen, you’ll appear like a queen,
我将让你穿上最美的衣服,就像女皇一样
With your costly fine robes and your mantle so green.
披着华贵的长袍和墨绿色的披风
Says she, now my young man, you must be excused,
哦,尊敬的先生,我没法答应你
For I’ll wed no man, so you must be refused;
我不会嫁给任何人的,所以我不得不拒绝你
To the green woods I will wander and shun all men’s view
我将徘徊在树林的深处,避开所有男子的目光
For the boy I love dearly lies in farmed waterloo.
因为我今生最爱的人永远躺在了那里,在那个叫做滑铁卢的地方
Well if you’re not married, say your lover’s name
那么,即使你不能答应我,也请告诉我你爱人的名字
I fought in that battle, so I might know the same.
我也参加过那场残酷的战争,也许我认识他
Draw near to my garment, and there you will see
请你走近些,你就能看见
His name is embroidered on my mantle so green.
他的名字就绣在这块墨绿色的披风上
In the ribbon of her mantle, there I did behold,
在披风的绣带上,我看到了那个名字
His name and his surname, in letters of gold
他的姓名,金色的字母
Young William O’Riley, appeared in my view
『威廉姆.奥瑞利』 映入我的眼帘
He was my chief comrade back in farmed waterloo
在那场著名的战斗中,他是我的长官
And as he lay dying, I heard his last cry
他倒在我的怀里,说出了他最后的遗言
“If you were here lovely Nancy I’d be willing to die”
『如果在临死前,可以看见我心爱的南希,我也可以瞑目了』
And as I told her this story, in anguish she flew,
我描述让她痛不欲生
And the more that I told her, the paler she grew
我说的越多,她愈发的感到悲痛
So I smiled on my Nancy, ‘twas I broke your heart,
所以我微笑着继续威廉姆的遗言:『我曾经伤了你的心,
In your fathers garden, that day we did part
在你父亲的花园里,我们不得不分开
And this is the truth, and the truth I declare,
但是有一个事实,我一定要说出来
Oh here’s your love token the gold ring I wear.
哦,你的爱将随着这个金色的戒指一样永远戴在我的心里