走遍美国20.2

来源:百度文库 编辑:神马文学网 时间:2024/04/19 13:51:57
第二十课:Quality Time ACT II

Hello there, Robbie. 哈 Robbie。
What are you doing up this late? 这麽晚了你还没睡在做什什
Reading. 读书。
Reading? 读书
At this hour? 在这个时候
Ah, come on, Robbie. 噢 算了吧 Robbie。
What are you doing up this late? 这麽晚你不睡在 什麽
Things on my mind. 想一些事情。
Do you care to talk about them? 你想谈谈它们吗
Sure, 当然
if you don't mind listening. 假如 不介意听的话。
Robbie, Robbie, remember me? Robbie Robbie 记得我我
I'm your mother. 我是你母亲。
If you have something you want to talk about, 假如你有什麽事情要谈
I'm always prepared to listen. 我总是准备听的。
You haven't been around much lately. 最近 在家的时候不多。
So that's it. 原来是这件事。
OK, let's talk. 好 让我们谈谈。
You and Dad are like ships that pass in the night. 和爸爸就像在夜 交错错而过的船一样
Dad works hard, and he works late. 爸爸工作忙 而且忙到很很晚
You work hard on all your committees, 而 总是在各种委员会 忙
and you work late. 也工作到很晚。
I thought you were proud of the work I do. 我还以为你为我所做的工工作感到骄傲
I am, Mom. 我确实感到骄傲 妈妈。
Real proud. 真的骄傲。
You are one fantastic mom, 是一位好母亲。
but ... but I've been noticing 但……但我注意到
how little quality time 高品质时光太少了
you spend with Dad and me ... and the family. 和父亲 我及全家人共共度的
It's a real problem, Robbie. 这确实是个问题 Robbiee。
I know it. 我知道。
I'm concerned. 我很担心。
There must be a way 总该有个办法
that Dad and you can spend more time together. 能使 和爸爸有更多的时时间在一起
Well, we always talk about 说的也是 我们常在谈论
taking a vacation together--with the family. 要一起渡个假 全家一起起
I think you ought to 我觉得 们应该
take a vacation away from the family--alone. 离开家人而单独在一起渡渡个假
Kind of a second honeymoon. 类似二度蜜月的假期。
It would be wonderful, 那倒是很美妙
but our schedules won't allow it. 但我们的工作时间表不允允许这样
I think I have an idea. 我有一个主意。
You do? 真的
Yup. 是的。
I think I have an idea 我想我有一个办法
that will bring Dad and you 使 和爸爸
together in a more scheduled way. 能更定时在一起。
What is it? 是什麽主意
Well, 噢
you know how Dad is always talking about 知道爸爸时常谈起
the kids in the ward 住院的孩子们
and how important it is for them to be paid attention to? 以及他们何等需要受人关关怀
Yes. 是的。
Well ... 好……
and how hard it is 他还说这件事很难
because the doctors and nurses are so busy? 因为医生和护士们都非常常
Yes. 是的。
Well, how would it be if you took some time 好 那 花些时间
to work with Dad towards solving that problem? 和爸爸一起来解决这个问问题怎麽
I don't get it. 我不懂你的话。
Like setting up a regular weekly reading program. 譬如说开办一项每 一次次的定期阅读计划
You and Dad. 和爸爸。
You and Dr. Philip Stewart-- 和Philip Stewart医生
going to the children's ward once or twice a week 每星期就去小儿科病房一一 两
and reading to them. 为他们朗读。
Not bad. 不错。
Not a bad idea, Robbie. 蛮好的主意 Robbie。
As a matter of fact, 事实上
it fits right in with something I'm working on right now 这跟我正在进行的某项小小组工作不谋而
with the school-board committee. 与联合校董会有关。
What's that? 什麽样的工作
I've been trying 我一直努力
to work out a program 想研拟一项计划
in the public school 在公立学校中
that will bring parents and teachers together once a week 让家长们及教师每星期一一
to read to the students--their own children, really. 共同为学生们 其实就就是他们自己的孩子 朗
By doing that, it will encourage reading. 这样做能鼓励阅读。
So it might fit in with a program 这个跟计划相当吻合
for reading to the kids in the hospital. 为住院的孩子朗读。
You're right. 你说得对。
We'll do it! 我们就来进行吧
I'm going to talk to Daddy about it right now. 我现在就去跟爸爸谈谈这这件事
But Dad was so exhausted when he came home from work. 但爸爸工作回来时已经累累得不得了了
Why don't you talk to him about it tomorrow? 何不明天再跟他谈
You are a very smart young man, Robbie. 你是个绝顶聪明的年轻人人 Robbie
I think I'll wait until tomorrow. 我想我就等明天再谈。
You won't forget, will you? 不会忘记吧
Believe me, I won't. 放心 我不会的。
It is a great idea, 这是个极好的主意。
and I promise you I won't forget. 我向你保证 我不会忘的的
Thanks, Mom. 谢谢 妈妈。
Thank you, Robbie. 谢谢你 Robbie。